- The Burning Crusade Fact Sheet – September 2007 -
Title: World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade
Developer: Blizzard Entertainment, Inc.
Genre: Massively Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Game
Platforms: PC, Mac
Game Overview: Several years have passed since the Burning Legion's defeat at Mount Hyjal and the races of Azeroth have continued to rebuild their once shattered lives. With renewed strength, the heroes of the Horde and Alliance have begun to explore new lands and broken through the Dark Portal to investigate the realms beyond the known world. Will these heroes find friends or foes? What dangers and rewards lie in wait beyond the Dark Portal? And what will they do when they discover that the demons they thought vanquished have returned to renew their terrible Burning Crusade?
World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade is the first expansion to Blizzard's award-winning massively multiplayer online role-playing game. It expands the game by tremendous bounds, adding new races, lands, Battlegrounds, professions and items, and more.
• An increase in the level cap to level 70
• Two new playable races: the Blood Elves and the Draenei
• Arena-based Player vs. Player Ladder System
• New Battleground: Eye of the Storm
• The entire new continent of Outland, reachable through the Dark Portal
• Many new high-level dungeons to explore
• New flying mounts in Outland
• Many new and dangerous monsters, including epic world bosses
• Hundreds of new quests and items
• A new profession Jewelcrafting, and Socketed items
• And much, much more…
Please keep in mind that some of the information contained in this fact sheet
may change as further patches for The Burning Crusade are released. This fact
sheet is provided for informational purposes only.